Seeing as how part one of my grand collection of highlights from 2014 was well received, I hereby offer up the rest. Not ranked in any way, but these are from the second half of the year. In list form, grouped into somewhat relevant groups, with the original titles untouched and preserved.
Once you’ve worked through this lot, the first part of the “best of 2014” can be found in part 1!
And there is still my For Sale page, with a few limited-edition natural indigo-dyed scarves and other extremely curated items from my collection available.
Most readers find their way to my blog through searching for reviews of cool stuff. And I do reviews, quite a few of them. Here is a about half of the ones I did in 2014 (and there were many more in 2013 as well):
- Trouser tuesday: Livid Jeans, handcrafted in Norway
- Book review: “Denim style” by Horst Friedrichs
- Trouser Tuesday: Pike Brothers 1942 Hunting Pants, vintage perfected
- Trouser Tuesday: Common People, a little out of the ordinary
- Book review: The Fashion Resource Book – Men
- Fresh backpacks for the stylish man (AW14)
- Waistcoat Wednesday! Everyone likes a piece of Toast
- Waistcoat Wednesday! Pike Bros show their stripes
- Outerwear: Natural Selection, the Mackinaw evolved?
- Waistcoat Wednesday! A fine layer of Universal Workness
- Waistcoat Wednesday! Earl of Bedlam, from South of the river
- The Thoroughstitch CPO-shirt in Harris Tweed
- Waistcoat Wednesday! Kapitally tweedy and oriental
- Book review: Contemporary menswear
- Trouser Tuesday: A vintage style from a surprising source
- Trouser Tuesday: SOSO denim, not so so-so
- Introducing the Fracap X WDD tweed and leather winter boots
- Introducing Indigo Village and their incredible scarves
And if reviews are not what you’re after, I occasionally do informative pieces about this and that as well. Either about stuff that has caught my eye, or maybe something I’ve done that you might be interested in doing as well. Such as these:
- Re-fitting your shirt made easy
- A bicycle helmet for a stylish man?
- Help! Cycling and trouser wear
- The sweatshirt lowdown
- The partially comprehensive guide to shoe soles
- Realm and Empire: Informed by uniforms
Other times I find myself full of righteous fervour and a rant is in order. Oddly, the older I get the more ranting I do. I may be turning into my father, a champion ranter.
- How I almost appeared on British TV…
- Feelgood fashion, even more genuinely so
- Giving the idea of bespoke a try…
- The bespoke shirt update: Is it splendid?
- A glimpse into the past
- Consumer Advocate: How long should shoes last?
I also like to do write about when I go travelling. If you happen to share my interests, and find yourself going to somewhere I’ve been, you might find my recollections of use. If not going there, it may make you want to go there. Unless you already live there, or have been there.
- You really must visit Mr Dagestad when you’re in Oslo…
- Destination shops
- Bored of London? There’s much more to England! (part one)
- Bored of London? There’s much more to England! (part two)
And that is that, all the best of what I managed to write in 2014. Now to get down and dirty and come up something half decent for 2015. If you have an idea or a request, feel free to email me. I’m always open to suggestions.
If you’ve worked through this lot and still want to read more, the first part of the “best of 2014” can be found in part 1!